Friday, January 3, 2014

Doll-A-Day, Day 3: Tiny Town Doll Pat

  Here we are on day 3 and I'm still going strong! How long can this last? (I'm guessing until I am out of town for a day and forget and/or don't have time.) I photographed three dolls today though, so I'm getting a store of photos to fall back on. Is that cheating? I'm not going to do detailed write ups of all the dolls, so that will make some of the posts quicker to do.Plus I'll still have time to do regular posts that way.
  Today's dolls is a vintage Leena Lee Tiny Town doll.

 These are from the 40's and 50's. The characters all have names I think, but I don't know mine's name. ** UPDATE: Her name is Pat, She had a clover flower on her chest and green flowers on her hat. She is doll #3 from series 1.**  I've seen other dolls like her though, so I know she came with flowers on her hat. Hers are sort of...gone.


She's about 4" tall,and has lead feet so she can stand up on her own.Her legs and arms are thread wrapped,
 and she has a painted felt face.

I love the colour of her hair and her little painted face.
Her wire armature allows her to be posed.
  Her hair is mohair.
 
The dolls originally came in a box, with a booklet like this.


They were created by a lady named Alma Leblanc, who also painted the Nancy Ann Storybook dolls.I believe they were originally sold at a department store in San Francisco called The White House.
  They are usually a bit too pricey for me.I got mine in an Ebay lot I just happened across.It was a lot of furniture that wasn't nearly as old as she is, and she wasn't mentioned by brand or maker in any way, so she didn't get all the bids she would have otherwise, so I got her cheaper than she would normally have been. After I sold the furniture she only cost me about $10. Whoo hoo! These dolls can sell for over $100, depending on the character and condition. I wanted one, but didn't figure I could ever get one.But here she is, the Day Three Girl.Until tomorrow, people.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I came upon your blog after purchasing 5 Tiny Town Dolls. One is the same as the one you featured on this post. I have found out her name is Pat, mine does not have the flowers on her hat either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only just found out her name today! I happened across a picture online That said who she is. Maybe it was yours!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.