Saturday, January 4, 2014

Doll-A-Day, Day 4: Dollhouse Fella

  Day 4, and I'm finally getting an earlier start. (That's partially because Ken's not on the computer, and Fuzz isn't in here watching tv on the computer.)
  Today's doll is this little dollhouse guy.
I'm gonna call him Hans.

  I don't know much about him, other than he's old (1930's?), and from the look of him, I would say he's German.

  I spotted him and a little girl at the BIG doll show about a year ago. They were really cheap for this sort of doll, but I had bought a lot of stuff that day and we had sold barely enough to make back our table cost,so I just suggested to Ken they would make  nice gifts for a future event. By the time he got around to sneaking  over and buying them for me, the girl was gone. He got this guy though, and then hid him in the van and promptly forgot about him.(I have mentioned that he's bad for that sort of thing.) I found him in the van this past summer, so I finally got him. Either it happened in the van, where he might have gotten stomped on, or when he (repeatedly) fell off the shelf in my glass case, but one of his arms is broken.It's up in his sleeve though, so it doesn't show.
  He's about 3 1/2" tall. I think he's painted bisque. (I don't know much about these things, but I know what I like...)
  He has a bit of a problem with his feet. They really turn out.

No wonder he kept falling off his shelf.

I'm outta here.

  No, Hans. Come back! I didn't mean anything!
I'm going to my room! Call me when the spiessbraten is ready.

  Oh Hans, I think you're cute!

Ok. But I still want the spiessbraten.
  Now that Hans is back we will say auf wiedersehen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.