Monday, March 24, 2014

Doll-A-Day 83: Dolls of My Own Making: Raggedy Ann and Andy

  I'm putting the second J Doll review on hold due to time limitations today. Instead I'm going to show you a couple of my favorites of the dolls that I have made. This is a set of miniature Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls.


They are all handmade,with all cloth bodies and thread hair that is rooted, not glued on.

Their faces are painted.

And sitting they are less than 2 inches tall.
Ann has her bloomers,dress, and apron, with a tiny hanky in her pocket.

I sold them on Etsy, but looking at them now I see a lot of stuff I would do differently if I make more of them.
Andy has a tiny bow at his neck and his sailor hat.


I wanted their arms and legs to be floppy, but I hadn't figured out how to do that with such short arms and legs. I think I could do it now though. I have a few ideas.



I think I've also figured out how to shape their feet better.And I'm sure I could do better hands.
  Hopefully I'll be able to get to that J Doll review tomorrow---because I'm dying to open them all up! I've been holding out so I could do the pictures,but I reeeeaaalllyy want to open them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.