Friday, April 18, 2014

Doll-A-Day 108: Flirty Christina by Ratti

  Today's doll is, according to the paper that was pinned to her dress when I got her,Flirty Christina by Ratti.
Like my new bench? I just got it at Goodwill on Wednesday.
The 'flirty' refers to the fact that she has 'flirty eyes', that can roll from side to side when her head is tilted.






She's 16 or 18 inches tall.(I'm too lazy to go measure her.)


 She's a strung doll, so you can tilt her head in lots of cute poses.

Her stringing is a bit loose though, so she can't stand up by herself. She could use a restringing.

If I can't stand up I'll just lay zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
I really like her, but she has her faults.She seems to be made of a gray plastic that has been painted with a flesh coloured paint.This means the paint has a tendency to flake off. Poor Christina has some problems already with her feet and hands.
Notice she has a little friend. The bee in front of her chest visited during her photo shoot.
I don't know if the dress is original, and I'm pretty sure the hat's not, but they both look nice on her. 




I'm getting Pauline Collins from this picture.

Pauline Collins in Wodehouse Playhouse.
 Some of you younger people, or those less familiar with older British television may know Pauline Collins more like this.

Pauline Collins as Queen Victoria in Doctor Who.




And here are some more pictures, just because she's so pretty.








  I had never seen or heard of Flirty Christina before I got her in an auction lot, but I'm glad to have her. I like her very much, and I don't have any other dolls like her.
  See you tomorrow for Skipper Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. This strange grey and then painted plastic is common on the italian dolls of the Fifties and early Sixties. I have such a fair doll which came from my father, huge as a child, and then bought two or three later at ebay; they all have it, some even have parts on their legs and feet which a purple or green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome.
    Oh, and a baby doll has this, too. The baby was from Ratti, while the huge dolls have the word 'BREVETATTO'. Everybody thinks this is the company, but it only means petented.

    Here you see such a huge doll, and even the grey is on her stomach.

    http://www.ebay.de/itm/alte-grosse-Puppe-Kunststoff-Plastik-Jahrmarkt-Kirmes-Puppe-70-cm-PREVETTATO-/111591194928?nma=true&si=eCQQnQ3yEzCt9ATsqCdIYrPvl6c%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
    I have no idea why Italia took this material. I never saw it in another country.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.