Saturday, April 19, 2014

Doll-A-Day 109: Skipper Saturday: Straight Leg Two Tone Skipper

  I'm super early today because I'm on my way to Record Store Day shopping with Emma. Go out and support your local record store,(If you have one!)
  Today's doll is another two tone haired Skipper. It's a bit more subtle than the other two tone I showed you a while back.

 She's wearing Sunny Pastels, from 1965-66.




Her hair was all combed, but it was windy. It's Spring, you know.
This is the Sunny Pastels I got for $2 at a yard sale. I featured the doll I got there a while back during dolls in their boxes week, on Skipper Saturday.

Sunny Pastels consists of the dress, matching purse, white anklets,and pink flats.(I got the dress and purse together, but the shoes elsewhere.She forgot her socks.) It coordinates with Barbie's Fun 'N Games outfit.Fun 'N Games came with croquet equipment.Skipper's purse looks like she's going a bit more dressy with her outfit. The Skipper outfit that came with croquet things was Fun Time, and it was much more casual than Sunny Pastels, with it's pants and casual shirts. It didn't match Barbie's Fun 'N Games either. Maybe Mattel should have rethought a few things.
This doll's hair looks pretty much just like dark auburn at first. You can tell it's two tone if you look though.
The hair!Of course!





The two tone really shows up in the sun.






See you tomorrow for another doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.