Friday, June 13, 2014

Doll-A-Day 148: Straight Leg Skooter

  June is known as the month for weddings, so this month we'll be having a look at some wedding outfits. Today's doll is Skipper's friend Skooter in Skipper's fashion Flower Girl, from 1964-65.

This is a straight leg Skooter, with tan skin and titian hair.

You'll have to pardon the purple pony tailers. I need to replace her ribbons. I was in a bit of a hurry today. I'm going to the flea market with my friend Lori tomorrow, which will mean alot of walking,so I was trying not to spend too much time on my aggravated, cheese injured toe, or use the elbow that was excruciatingly painful this morning.



Flower Girl consists of the dress, white gloves, white anklets,bouquet,white flats, and flowered head piece.

The outfit coordinates with Barbie's Orange Blossom. Since Orange Blossom is the bridesmaid dress, it;s usually associated with Midge more than Barbie.That's one of the reasons I like to see Flower Girl on a Skooter, since she is sort of Midge's counter part, like Skipper is Barbie's. (It's like one of those story problems from school: "Skooter is to Midge as Skipper is to...?")

The dress from Flower Girl was copied in pink and called Party Pink. It was one of Skipper's Pak fashions.



I've gone over the history of Skooter in previous posts, so I won't go over it again. She was Skipper's first friend, produced only from 1965 to 1967. Even with such a short run, Skooters are plentiful, easy to find, and not usually very expensive.

This is a Skooter you might have seen before, if you saw my post from when I bought her at a doll show. It was the same day I bought another Skooter, along with a Tutti and two Skipper dolls, from the lady who, along with her sister, had owned them as a child. This is the Skooter with the turned up toes on her left foot, which I paid $6 for. (That post was last October.)

The curled toes make it hard for her to keep her shoe on.








We haven't seen The One Hair for a while. This is The Return of The One Hair!

Tomorrow is Skipper Saturday. See you then.

2 comments:

  1. I love it you made her take a stroll!! Clever! The 5th picture is my favorite! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's really hard to do those pictures without a stand, but I'm determined to make them look as real as possible. I have a way of cheating though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.