Monday, July 28, 2014

Doll-A-Day 192:Beto Lily by Lily Ledy,formerly Just Slightly Scary Blonde Boy

  UPDATE:Thanks to a reader I now know that this doll is Beto Lily,made by the Lily Ledy company in Mexico. A listing from Ebay described him as 'Ultra Rare',but that could be their opinion and not fact.

Here's what he would have looked like in box. They came in different outfits though.

  Today is another doll that got a pretty good mark down at Salvation Army. I really couldn't, (and still can't!) decide if I like him or not. I figured I'd get him and if he continues to give me that slight creeped out feeling, I can always sell him!




He started out at $15.99, but he was marked down to $4.99. That's better, considering I'm not sure I like him.

I liked that he's a boy, because boy dolls are so few and far between. But then I began to wonder if he started out as a boy. He could just be a creepy girl with a hair cut.


He has freckles and pale blue eyes. I think it's the fact that they are so pale that makes him look so creepy.


He can be cute though.




Or somewhat menacing.


He's about 24" tall. He's wearing real baby clothes.



When I was buying him a customer at the register, and the clerk, both said he looked like Chucky from the Child's Play movies. Eww!




I wish I could identify a maker on him. The only mark was this one, on the back of his head.

Now I know it says Ledy.

His legs and body are a hollow plastic that's different from his arms and head.


His head is made of a strange vinyl that's doing something weird in places,like on and  behind his ear.


He also has these weird areas that look like they should do something, but they are just strange molded in places.

And no, it doesn't push in or do anything.

??????

  So now I know who he is. I'm still not sure what I think about him though.



 Tomorrow I'll show you another Salvation Army rescue.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, the logo you found is ledy aka Lili Ledy. You may be able to find more info by searching in Spanish, lili ledy muñeca.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow I only just saw your comment! Thank you very much! I found him.He's Beto Lily.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.