Monday, December 1, 2014

Doll-A-Day 307:Little Santa

  It's December already! I was a little confused today and I thought it was November 30th a good deal of the day. But no,here it is only 24 days to Christmas! Time speeds by so quickly. I'm going to try to be on top of things this year. I already have a lot of my shopping finished, and I even had part of my shopping wrapped before December even began. I still need to start my Christmas cards though.Since we've entered the month of Christmas, let's start the month off with a traditional Christmas doll.

  He's a small version of the old fashioned felt suited Santa.

This little guy is only about 7" tall.

He looks so nearly new, but he's a lot older than he looks.
  You may have seen the post I did when I got him at the flea market. He was part of a pretty good haul of Christmas items I got that day.
  See you again tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Do you know anything about this doll? Who made it, age, etc.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From his sticker and his boots, (Just like the ones on a larger Santa I've had since I was a kid.), I would say he's probably from the 1960's. He was made in Japan. There usually wasn't a manufacturer listed on these old dolls.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.