Friday, December 5, 2014

Doll-A-Day 311: Berry from Santa's Elves by Tonner

  Christmas is getting closer and closer! Today we're celebrating with this little elf.

His name is Berry. He is part of the Mrs. Claus and Santa's Elves series by Tonner.

He has a hand painted face and his hair is a wig, not rooted.

The series was produced in 2006, and each elf was a limited edition of 500.

The elves used the new Tonner Tiny Betsy McCall 8" body, but the head sculpt was a new one. Since then it has been used for the Tonner Kickits line.

I think the Kickits look more evil though.

Like Betsy he has jointed knees and his arms can lift away from his body, and not just up and down.His head can tilt as well as turn.
They originally retailed for $69 each, but I found mine at the flea market for $2!

He's missing his red vest and Santa hat, but I can live with that.
Berry had a female partner, named Holly.The lady I bought Berry from had her too, but unfortunately, she sold before I got there that day!

Holly and Berry in their official Tonner photo.She has red hair! Why wasn't I faster?!



At first I wondered if maybe I should sell Berry to get another doll I might not otherwise have allowed myself because it was too expensive. In the end I decided I would keep him, at least for the time being. The pale eyes throw me off a bit, but I like his little Betsy McCall type children's body with it's slightly pot belly. He looks so cute and cuddly. I wonder about getting him some different clothes though, so he isn't always Christmassy.
  See you tomorrow for Skipper Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.