Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Doll-A-Day 322: Playtime With Charlie

  Today's doll is a break from the winter/Christmas themed dolls I have been concentrating on this month.He has nothing to do with either, but is just about the cutest thing ever, and I was super happy to find him. He's this Playtime with Charlie doll by Ashton Drake.
He originally came with three wooden blocks that spelled 'Mom'.
He was a recent find at Goodwill for 50 cents!

That's more incredible when you know that his original issue price was $40! I love Goodwill!
I have always loved apes. This guy is the most amazing little orangutan baby. When I first saw him laying face down on a bottom shelf I thought he was a Ty Beanie kid, so I ignored him. I'm so glad I went back and checked again before I left. I love him!

Unfortunately, real orangutans are in great danger of extinction from poaching, habitat destruction, and other causes..
 
He's 8" tall.

He has a wire armature inside his soft little body and limbs that makes him poseable.

He was the first issue in a series called Happy Handfuls of Fun, and was sculpted by artist Cindy Sales.
 He has amazingly cute wispy hair.


 He also has the cutest little ape feet!
...And hands.


And his hoodie has ear holes in the hood!

 This is the kind of thing I would never buy at full price, but I am thrilled to have him! Yay!
See you tomorrow for another doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.