Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Disney Fairytale Designer Collection: Heroes vs Villains... Amazing Dolls!

  As you might have read here, we visited The Disney Store on our anniversary on the 16th. I saw the most amazing bunch of dolls while we were there. They're the new Fairytale Designer Heroes vs Villains sets. They follow the couples sets, the princesses, and the villains.They are totally unobtainable for me, and since they are so limited,(They are limited to 6000 sets of each type,worldwide.) to most other people too. But they are so amazing. If you get a chance, go to a Disney Store so you can see them in person. (They have examples at the store, but they aren't for sale in the regular way.A different set is available every Tuesday for the next few weeks. You have to go to the Disney Store and get a ticket which then allows you to have a chance to buy a set. Each store has 'no fewer than 8 sets' to sell.)They are available on the Disney Store site the following day.) The first set, which is actually called 'Snow White and Hag', was released to Disney Stores yesterday, and is still available on the Disney Store website now. You can check it out HERE. There are a bunch of other items with artwork to match the dolls.
 I thought the prices might go completely out of control on the secondary market, but I had a look at what the original series, the  Princess couples, were going for. Some of them have sold for semi reasonable prices recently. Looks like they're going up now that the villains have been released though. Beware: the new set is selling for crazy prices on Ebay, but is STILL AVAILABLE ON THE DISNEY STORE SITE FOR $129.
  These dolls are really wonderful. They seem to have the same articulated bodies as the classic dolls. (I hope they have something better than the rubbery bow legs those dolls have though.) The face paint is much more detailed and artistic, the females have rooted eyelashes,and the clothes are definitely more detailed and made with quality fabrics.
  My favourites were Peter Pan and Hook, (There's even a tiny Tinkerbell.), and Rapunzel and Mother Gothel.



The Snow White set is very nice too.

I didn't like the Little Mermaid set or the Frozen set. The dolls faces were painted with pearlized paint and looked weird.


I loved the Peter Pan though. I'd love to have him!

If you're at all into Disney, make sure you see these dolls in person.

8 comments:

  1. The Peter Pan set is my favorite too! I got to see these dolls in person, and they are exquisite! I actually really like the Little Mermaid set, if only for the Ursula doll, But I'm getting just a little tired with all the Frozen LE dolls, to be honest. This Elsa looks a lot like the original LE Elsa, with more angled eyebrows, but I wouldn't mind if they ever sold a limited edition Hans separately, heh heh,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. This Elsa is like so many others except for her pearlized face, which I didn't like anyway. I recently bought a Hans, and Emma said, "You don't want him. He's the bad guy." (She was grinning, so probably referring to when she was little and tried to pair Belle with Gaston. I always tried to get her to understand that Belle wouldn't want him, "He's the bad guy.") But Hans is a pretty neat doll anyway.

      Delete
  2. Those are gorgeous dolls, I wish I could see them in person, but unfortunatly we don't have a Disney store in Germany :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None at all? Sometimes I forget we are lucky that we have some of this stuff for being an out of the way place. At least you'll get to visit the biggest Disnny Store in Europe when you go to London!

      Delete
  3. In Poland we don't have Disney Stores too. It's so sad, when I look at those dolls and I know that I didn't get one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always the online store. Do they ship to Poland? You could try that.

      Delete
  4. Those are really nice-looking - I'm not even much of a Disney collector and I still find them wonderfully appealing.

    I'll definitely have to visit the local Disney Store as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like anything specifically because it's Disney either, but these are beautiful! They had a pretty amazing large Jasmine when I was there too. I wish I had gotten a picture of her to share on the blog.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.