Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year! And The Return of Doll-A-Day!

  Happy New Year!

  I haven't done many posts in the past few months. That's all going to change, because I have decided to bring back Doll-A-Day! I've been contemplating it for a while. I've had a year off to recuperate, (and believe me, it was a lot of work.), and I started to miss it. I may regret it before very long, but for now, I'm looking forward to it. (Actually, now that the moment is here, I'm starting to panic again!) I haven't discussed it with my family. They were getting pretty tired of all the time it was taking me to do a doll every day. But I've decided that most days will be streamlined posts, with mostly just a few pictures of the doll, and some days will be longer, informative posts. Originally, when I decided to do Doll-A-Day,I had been inspired by The Crazy Quilter on Flickr. She had done one picture of one particular doll every day for a year. I decided to do a picture of a different doll every day for a year. But then it got sort of out of hand. I did entire photo shoots for each doll. Then I started writing long posts detailing the history of some of the dolls. I really enjoyed doing the long informative posts on particular dolls, and my theme weeks, like 'Oscar Week', and 'Red Heads Week'. So, I'll be doing some of those.I have a few planned out in my head already. And maybe, while I'm sorting through all my stuff,digging out dolls to present each day,I'll decide I can do without some of them and make more room to enjoy the ones I can't part with. It would be nice to have a bit more room, and space to display my favourites, without all the clutter. Since I'll be working on my house this year too, clearing out alot of the things we had to sell, and redoing some rooms, clearing out some of my personal collection goes right along with the general redo.
  The first new Doll-A-Day post will be a separate post from this one. Check it out! 

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on doing it! I know how much time it can take! I will be watching and am inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks! I don't know how inspiring I can be, but I'll try. I'm keeping up so far!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.