Monday, March 20, 2017

Doll-A-Day 2017 #79:Skinny Jinny

  Are you tired of those babies? Phew! There were alot of them, weren't there?! I still have one more I want to show you, but I'm giving you a break for the next few days. Aren't you glad?  I am doing a post I already have ready today, while I get ready the posts on my birthday presents, and a trade I did recently.
  Today I need a little help. Is this Skinny Jinny, by Durham, or a Metti doll? And what is the difference?

Or are they just called Flatsy dolls? I know Flatsy's were dolls with rooted hair,made by Ideal in the late 60's and early 70's,but these dolls are often called Flasty too. That could just being used as a general term for flat dolls.


The Skinny Jinny dolls I've seen have a different face.


These girls look more like Metti dolls, but I think Metti dolls are Italian.These girls both say Hong Kong on their backs. Are Metti dolls made in Hong Kong?

They are painted on the front, but the back is plain.

They're 10 1/2" tall.

As flat as they are, they do have more raised detail than you'd think. It shows up pretty well in this picture:

They have creases in their hands,arms, and wrists, and even have a little belly bulge and knee caps. They still manage to stay super flat though.



They have jointed heads, arms, and legs.


Some of the dolls actually come in a small plastic box that they can be folded to fit into.


The dolls originally came in clothes,but mine were found naked and I haven't done anything about it,as I'm still deciding if they are going to stay or not.
** We have a reader who collects these dolls and is looking for a couple to complete her collection. Here's what she says: "My dolls come from all over the world. The ones I'm looking for are Russian or Ukrainian, Pepita was made in Colombia and has a mirror behind her head. Poppy and Peppy, don't know if they are made in the USA".


**
  That's it for today. Check back tomorrow for another doll.

4 comments:

  1. Metti dolls have short hair and a surprised face. I don't know if they are Skinny Jinnys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found one of these. Are there clothles that fit them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did come with clothes. If you Google 'Skinny Jinny doll' you can see some.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.