Thursday, April 27, 2017

Doll-A-Day #117: Baby Sitter's Club Mallory by Kenner

  Today's doll is Mallory, from The Baby Sitter's Club.


She's 19" tall.


She has attached earrings.

And mine has an unfortunate mark on her forehead. I tried to remove it,but only managed to make it go from black to brown.

She is supposed to have silver glasses,but I got her at an auction and they were missing.


She does otherwise have her complete original outfit though.


The shirt collar is attached to her yellow sweatshirt,but her skirt is a separate piece. The skirt does have built in underwear.




Her socks are ribbed just like real socks,and her shoes have molded lace detail.



The Babysitters Club dolls are strung,so their legs can swivel and swing out to the sides.

 
Her arms don't have quite as much movement.

And an interesting note: These dolls squeak alot when they are posed!
 In spite of being so poseable, they are hard to make stand on their own. The balance is weird. It can be done, but it takes a lot of messing about to get them to stand without falling.


 She has a beautiful mane of auburn hair.



And a lovely face.

 
There were 7 19" dolls in the line,produced in 1993, as well as a line of 10" dolls.

Apparently Mallory was originally going to have bangs.

You can see the commercial for the 19" dolls HERE.



The Reluctant Reviewer and Kewpie83 did a great review, with lots of details on all the dolls in the series,which you can see HERE.


The dolls were based on the characters from the popular scholastic book series.How popular was the book series? Between 1986 and 2000 there were 213 Baby Sitters Club books published! The books also inspired several spin off book series', a graphic novel,two CD Roms, a 13 episode 1990 TV series and it's accompanying soundtrack, and a 1995 theatrical film.

 
That's it for today. Come back and check out tomorrow's doll.

4 comments:

  1. I remember that doll because one of my then young cousins used to have all of The B.S.C. Dolls when they were first issued back in late 93' , even though they were only 7 of then but they're so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this doll because I remember seeing her & 6 other BSC Dolls at a Philadelphia based Toys R Us back in early Spring of 1994 , Even though they stopped producing & selling these dolls back in 98' but we still have all of them floating somewhere in the family .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never had the dolls, they were after my doll time period. But I had all the books! I might have to get some of these since I noticed a few come with the kids I read about. But first I have to replace my childhood dolls. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember when these dolls came out, because I had kids by then and we also sold dolls and toys. We hung out in the toy department a lot. I really liked these dolls, and I have found most of them second hand now.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.