Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Doll-A-Day 2017 # 102: Mystery Squad Drew

  Today's doll is Mystery Squad Drew from 2002.

 


The Mystery Squad dolls included Kenzie, Drew,Barbie, and Shawnee.


This Drew is mine,but Emma had all of the Mystery Squad dolls. (I think. She usually did that, but I don't seem to remember her having Shawnee.)


Drew's head sculpt was originally used for Generation Girls Tori and Chelsie. You can see my post on Chelsie HERE.


This is Drew's original skirt,but she borrowed the shirt.



The Mystery Squad dolls only had one release. That's a shame, because they were great looking dolls who came with some really cool stuff,like flashlights,night vision goggles, and other cool spy accessories. You can see the commercial for the Mystery Squad dolls HERE.


They even had a Mystery Squad headquarters playset.

Kind of looks more like a cyber cafe, but hey...
Don't little girls like mysteries and spies? I did? What about all the little girls who read Nancy Drew novels?
When I got her she had some white paint on her face. I removed it, but she still has some in her hair. I tried to camouflage what I couldn't remove, but it shows here.
  Don't forget to come back tomorrow for another doll.

3 comments:

  1. Several things:
    1) I found this because I was trying to remember the name of this line and your photo showed up on Google.
    2) I didn't have Shawnee because for once, the AA doll didn't make it into Walmart clearance. The only one I got at full price was Kenzie (I think I got her for Christmas or with Christmas money). The other two I got on clearance at Walmart, which might also explain why another series wasn't done.
    3) That skirt isn't original either. It looks somewhat similar, but Drew's original skirt only had one stripe, had a yellow drawstring at the bottom, and sealed with the 2000s velcro in the back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Em. I bow to the expert on this one.

      Delete
  2. I would have loved these, I grew up with Scooby Doo and I read Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.