Thursday, April 20, 2017

Doll-A-Day 2017 #110: Saucy

Today's doll is a very unusual girl. She's Saucy.



This Saucy actually belongs to Emma. In fact, my recent posts on Emma's collections recently came about because my original intention was to do a post on Saucy. Then I decided to also do a post on her Monkeeman figures, In the end I took pictures of practically everything in her apartment except Saucy. She wasn't out where I could see her, and I forgot her!

I can't believe it!

Saucy was made by Mattel in 1972. She's 16" tall.




She's marked on the back of her head and on her back.



Saucy is wearing her original dress, socks, and shoes.




We think she also had white undies or bloomers,but she doesn't have them now.
But there is something very special about Saucy I haven't mentioned yet.


Saucy makes faces!
 
"Any face she can make you can make too" I don't think that's strictly true!



She sort of has an unlimited combination of expressions she can do.



And some of her expressions are pretty unusual.



I suppose she would creep some people out.


Sorry Saucy.



She's activated by rotating her arm. Her expression changes with every turn.



She has a soft rubber face that allows the mechanism underneath to change her expression.



Unfortunately the soft rubber face means that a lot of the Saucy dolls around have pits and gouges in their faces.



Her hair is pretty soft, but just doesn't want to lay down.



Saucy is an interesting doll. She's sort of an early version of the Fab Faces My Scene dolls,which were also by Mattel of course.




Saucy has an advantage over the Fab Faces My Scene dolls though. The My Scene dolls had painted eyes. Saucy has inset eyes that can open, close,wink,and the eyes themselves can move around.


Sometimes they move around this way!
"See" you tomorrow for another doll.

3 comments:

  1. LOL, I love this doll! I want to get one and scare the bejesus out of my sister with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's alot of fun. Emma wasn't even originally going to keep her, but she couldn't resist. I'm sure Saucy scares a lot of people!

      Delete
  2. I miss mine! I was thinking about it. And Googled it. Wow thought I was only one! Lol kidding. But I would like to have it again

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.