Sunday, April 23, 2017

Doll-A-Day 2017 # 113: Lalaoopsey Forest Evergreen

  Today's doll is  a recent Goodwill find. He's Forest Evergreen.


Forest is one of the few boys in the  Lalaoopsey universe.


The others include Ace Fender Bender,Patch Treasurechest, Matey Anchors,Sir Battlescarred,The Wacky Hatter,and Pete R Canfly.There is one more mini,but I don't know his name.


Forest is also one of only four boy Lalaoopsey dolls made for the full size line.


The others are Ace Fenderbender, Patch Treasurechest, and Sir Battlescarred.

 
He's a lumberjack.


I was really happy when I found him at Goodwill. Not only had I wanted him when he was new in stores,but he's wearing his full original outfit...




It's all one piece and closes in the back with Velcro.
  ...complete with his boots.


His hair has lots of molded detail.




He originally came with a pet beaver. It may have been floating around Goodwill somewhere,but I didn't see it.


I have never bought a full size Lalaoopsey new from a store. I have always caught them second hand. I like them, but I think I prefer the minis.

Nothing personal, guy.
 Besides being so cute, the minis don't take up nearly as much room! I have begun passing up on the full size ones when I find them now, even second hand, unless they are something extra special, like Forest. I even paid more for him than I normally would for a used Lalaoopsey. He was $4.50. I'm so cheap, I probably wouldn't have paid that if he hadn't had all his original outfit.


I love boy dolls too, and there just aren't as many of them.



Tomorrow we'll be back with another doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.