Sunday, April 2, 2017

Doll-A-Day 2017 #92:Emma's Collection Part 4: Full Size Pop Vinyls and Titans,

  Yesterday we saw Emma's mini figures. Today we're going to look at her full size Pop Vinyls and Titans figures.
  First of all,there's her Doctor Who Titans figure.

It's a pretty good likeness of the 9th Doctor, played by Christopher Eccleston.

Emma has the 10th Doctor too, but she still hasn't unpacked everything from her move several months ago.
   Her other Titans figure is Saul from "Better Call Saul" and "Breaking Bad".
His cup comes out of his hand. In fact, it fell out while I was taking the pictures and rolled under the TV stand and got lost for a while.



Her Pop Vinyls include Pinky, from "Pinky and the Brain"...


  ...Doc Brown from "Back to the Future"...






...Tina and  Gene, From "Bob's Burgers"...

...the Sesame Street characters we saw in a previous post...

Super Grover,Bert, and Ernie.
...Ben Kenobi,which we also saw when we looked at her "Star Wars" collection...


...and the Han Solo on a tauntaun we also saw...

Cute tauntaun face!
..this Benson, from "The Regular Show"...
Hanging out with Saul.
I've never been especially find of Pop Vinyls because I don't think they bear much resemblance to the people or characters they are trying to emulate. There are a few exceptions,but for the most part,no. I wouldn't turn down a gift of a Pop Vinyl Planet of the Apes figure, but I'd much rather have a more realistic figure or doll,like a Sideshow or Hot Toys, or the more comparatively priced,Neca figures. (Hint to Emma:Those Neca figures are amazing and would make a great gift.Pass it on!)
Tomorrow we'll look at some other figures and toys.

2 comments:

  1. I never got into these either. I don't dislike them, they just aren't my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few, but I don't think most of them really look like who theya re supposed to.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.