Sunday, July 2, 2017

Doll-A-Day 2017 # 183:Ivy's Collection:Girl With a Basket

    I showed you a couple of little dolls from Ivy's collection on day 154.Today's doll is another doll from Ivy's collection. It's this little girl.


She measures about 6" tall.



She's fairly old.


She's sewn to a base by her feet.

Her shoes have a little damage.

The bottom of her base is covered with paper. There's no label of any kind.


Her clothes and shoes are silk.






I'm sure her face and hands are too.


And her little hanky.
The front of her shirt is a separate piece.





Her little basket looks like wire, but it's woven from metallic thread.



As you can see from the stray threads, at some point it was sewn to her arm.



I'm not sure what her hair is, but it looks like some kind of real hair.



I bought her at a yard sale, but I relinquished her to Ivy a long time ago.


I really like her. I later bought a similar looking doll at a local doll show,which I featured on the original Doll-A-Day 247.


You can see more of her HERE. I think my girl looks like the younger sister of Ivy's girl.



She is an inch shorter than Ivy's girl.


See you tomorrow for another doll.

1 comment:

  1. She is really charming, striking that graceful pose. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.