Monday, July 3, 2017

Doll-A-Day 2017 #184: Fairytopia Dandelion 2004

  Today we're looking at another fairy doll. This one is a Barbie fairy.


She's Dandelion.


She's from Barbie Fairytopia.


She's wearing her original outfit, plus another bottom half which belongs to someone else.
 

I'm not sure who. I put it on her today  because she looked like she was missing something, and I thought it might have originally been a part of her outfit. I got her second hand. It was a perfect match and it was floating around here. I thought it might have gotten separated from her when I washed her. Who knew?


Her legs are yellow and painted with designs.


Her wings are attached to her clothes,which is a better idea than the Tinkerbell dolls. they usually have wings that attach to their clothes with Velcro. That explains why they are so often found without wings.


On the other hand, removing the wings for play can come in handy when you don't want them in the way.
 

She has her original hair set too.




There have been an awful lot of Barbie fairies in the last 15 years or so. This one is from 2004.


Summer is a good time to photograph  fairies,since most of them have a flower theme.


I like this particular face, but on this one they did tend to go overboard with the lip liner.


Tomorrow we'll see another doll.

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favourit dolls. Love the vibrant colours and unique face. That additional skirt is from Fairytopia Kindlee Fairy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.That's weird. I've never had that doll,although I have had a couple of the others in that series.She's beautiful though.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.