Sunday, August 6, 2017

Doll-A-Day 2017 #218: Tiana The Frog Princess

    Still no internet! The guy is supposed to look at the phone lines on Tuesday. Here's hoping!
    Today's doll is Tiana, from the Frog Princess.


This seems to be a Disney Store doll,but I'm not sure this is her dress. She's the only Tiana I have, and this is the only Tiana dress I have. I would have undressed her for cleaning, since I got her second hand,so it's not strange that  her dress was elsewhere.I just ran across the dress the other day,and I was pretty sure they went together.That is,until I tried researching, and couldn't find a Disney Store Tiana in this dress.  Anybody know if it's hers? **Thanks to some readers who corrected my spelling of her name,and have provided a link to a picture,and her year, 2009.**



She has the articulated elbows and wrists.





Her legs don't seem quite as flimsy as the Disney Store ones usually are though.


Her legs can move out to the sides and far up, allowing her to do this Judith Jamison/ Alvin Ailey dance  move.

You may not be able to see,but there's a foot on the ground, and one above her head level.
 Her necklace is painted on.



She has quite a few little ringlets.




See you again soon for another doll.

9 comments:

  1. If you do a google image search for Tiana doll 2009 you'll get results that look like this dress. Looks like the same doll to me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!Thanks for the information. Soemone else told me I got the name wrong. I only saw the movie once, and with no internet I didn't do more than a couple of minutes research.Oddly enough, she came up under the name I used! Just not this doll.

      Delete
  2. I found a few pictures of a Tiana doll wearing this dress. She appears to be missing a flower at her waist, elbow-length white gloves, and a flower petal tiara. She also came with a small figurine of herself as a frog. I couldn't find a lot of pictures, but here is one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb. I am correcting the misspelled name.I noticed the flower missing at the waist, but I was in such a hurry I forgot to mention it. I had to sit outside Ken's place of work, and hurry to get whatever needed done or checking in before the battery died!Our internet is back though, so no more of that!

      Delete
  3. I found Tiana in that dress and several similar dresses when I searched "Disney Store Tiana doll."

    You just have to be aware that it is Tiana, not Tatiana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How embarrassing! I am fixing the name. I actually got pictures of other Tiana dolls under the name I used, just not this one. Weird, huh?

      Delete
    2. I did too. It is not so weird. The names are very similar. Tatiana is a very famous name, from the fairy queen and the daughter of the Russian tsar. And the name Tiana is not so common.

      Delete
  4. Tiana 2009 from Disney Store had no articulated elbows, it's the 2010 Disney Store one with the dress from 2009.... a mixed one.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.