Saturday, August 19, 2017

Doll-A-Day 2017 #231:Shrunken Saturday: Frozen Charlottes and Odds and Ends

  This Shrunken Saturday post highlights some little girls I got yard saling a couple of weeks ago.


They are this pair of Frozen Charlotte dolls. Only one is dressed though.


Frozen Charlottes get their name from their one piece,unjointed bodies.

They were made in occupied Japan.
Sometimes they don't even have moveable arms, but these girls do.

This set of twins is 2 1/4" tall.
The arms are connected with wire.


They look quite different, but as you can see, they are made from the same mold,just painted differently. The naked one actually cleaned up pretty well. I haven't cleaned the other yet. I'm debating about her clothes. Should I wash her clothes?Should I remove the dress for something nicer,or leave it because it may be original?
You saw Mr. and Mrs. Mouse the other day,and the Pillsbury dolls yesterday. I got them all  the same day of yard saling the other week.


I also got this nice 1/6 scale purple velvet couch, which is also a storage box,a rustic chair,(It's been fitted with a pin cushion pillow that's way to big for realism. I need to remove it.),a Boyd's duck,an adironack chair,a pair of rocking chair Christmas ornaments,the Pillsbury dolls,11 miniature plates,(for?),and what I guess is a coaster that is just like my grama's tray that matches her set of glasses,and a mystery Strawberry Shortcake doll,(Strawberry with a haircut,or Huckleberry pie?He's wearing a Happy Family Ryan shirt.),and next to the frozen Charlottes on the couch is a ceramic baby. 



10 of the plates were like this.

One was like this.

Angelic ceramic baby.

See you Tomorrow for another doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.