Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Doll-A-Day 2017 #276: Gotz Boy

  Remember yesterday when I mentioned going through our old doll show tubs to see what might still be worth having? Well, today we're going to look at another doll from those tubs. He's this guy.


He's a Gotz doll.


Anybody know his actual name?
 

He has a stuffed cloth body, and vinyl head and limbs.




In spite of his cloth body, he won't really sit down.


But he can turn his head.


He measures 22" tall.


To be honest, I'm looking at this guy, and his red hair, and I'm thinking,"Hmmm...why was it I wasn't keeping this guy?"


If he had brown eyes I'm sure he would have never been for sale!


Actually,I'm sure he was because I needed to make up the money I spent on the box he came in at the auction, which I bid on for something else I really wanted.


I found a picture online of an 18" Gotz doll wearing an outfit pretty similar to this one.



 But that doll, apart from being smaller, had the American Girl face. (For those of you who don't know,American Girl bought the molds for their dolls,including Bitty Baby, from Gotz,who had previously used them in Europe.


This guy has a typical Gotz face.


If you look at him though, you can see where American Girl and Bitty Baby came from.


When he came out of the tub, even though I had a plastic bag on his head to keep his hair in place,he had developed a problem with his bangs.
 

I wet combed them last night and they still don't want to stay out of his face.


There's another doll tomorrow. See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.