Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Doll-A-Day 2017 #290: Kayla Rae and Sydney

  Wow. #290. that's a lot of dolls. Ok, some of them weren't mine,but I have to admit, most of them were. I have gotten rid of a few,but I really should get rid of more. We're talking way too much stuff here. I'm trying to weed some stuff out. I keep thinking I should concentrate on a few favourites, and get this stuff down to a manageable level. I am pretty pleased with myself that I have relinquished a few things lately. It would be nice to have some money to use for whatever I want too. I owe Emma for a ticket to see Squeeze next month. Ken's been saving recycling money to go home to England for a visit, maybe early next year,and it would be nice if we could both go. There are a lot of places the money could go. When I was doing some research the other day  I found out that today's dolls have become worth a sizeable amount. So now I'm trying to decide,how much do I want them? Could I use that money more than I want them? Let's talk about that as we go. So here they are.


They're Kayla Rae and her sister Sydney.




Obviously they are part of the Only Hearts Club line.


They were part of the  Big Sister Li'l Sister series.


I always loved the Only Hearts Club dolls. I used to admire them in Target. The first one I got was, of course, the red head,Lily Rose. I think she's the only one I ever bought new, other than these two, and one other one we'll see this week. In the end, Kayla Rae was the only Only Hearts Club girl I didn't have,except for Hanna Faith,the Asian girl. I never found her,but I did end up buying this Kayla Rae.

She has some tiny, short little bangs.


  Her sister Sydney was a cute bonus.

As tiny as she is,she has inset eyes, like her sister.
Sydney  has the same face as all the little sisters.She's also the only one I have besides Lily Rose's. Ivy has at least a couple though.

Pardon my walnut stained thumb in this picture. You can see the stain is mostly on the underside and around my nails now at least. That's alot less than it was. One of these days I'll return to my natural colour. As long as I'm dealing with these walnuts though, my hands are,seriously,about the colour of Kayla's.That would be ok,except the rest of me isn't. I've been explaining my walnut hands everywhere I go because it looks like I haven't washed my hands...for a long time! Yesterday,as I told you,my best friend commented,"Your hands are clean." Well,whatever. Those walnuts are delicious. I probably should have used gloves to hull them, but in any case, they're worth it.
 Another thing that was a bonus about these girls was, they're wearing coats.

Look at Kayla Rae's pretty face. The sculpts were great on the Only Hearts dolls, and those inset eyes really gave the Only Hearts dolls something special.

 I have a thing about coats. When I was young and thin, and had money to spare, I had quite a few coats. Now days I'm fat and can't even find one I like that fits. So instead, I love to have coats for my dolls.


The sisters weren't nearly as realistic as the original dolls. Sydney's head is bigger than Kayla's. Her face doesn't have as much detail either.

The Li'l Sister dolls had wired,posable bodies like the big sisters,but they had non removable clothes and shoes.

There were clothes sold for them that they wore over their non-removable clothes. I'm pretty sure her jeans are removable, as well as her coat. The shirt is probably part of her body.

Kayla Rae has jeans and, like most of the Only Hearts Club dolls, pretty realistic shoes.


These girls have never been opened, and have been sitting on the cupboard on my landing. So, I walk past them everyday. I've enjoyed them for the last couple of years that way. I've come close to opening them, but I kept putting it off thinking I'd do it when I got my other Only Hearts dolls out to join them. So, I'm really torn. I really like them. And as a completist it would be nice to have all the girls. Of course, I'd still be missing Hanna Faith, but I'd be closer to complete. And maybe someday I'll find a Hanna Faith. But then she is too valuable to keep. I'd feel I couldn't afford to keep her. Dilemmas, dilemmas. Maybe I'll think about it a while longer...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.