Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Doll-A-Day 2017 #318: Snuggle Bun

  Today's doll is another vintage doll.


She's Snuggle Bun.



Snugglebun was made by Remco.


She was made in 1965, so I was 3 at the time. I got this girl recently, but the old catalog pictures of,not her, but her accessories,seem really familiar to me.

Snuggle Bun is almost identical to Baby Chatterbox,seen at the top of the ad.
Snuggle Bun originally came with a unit that included a lamp, and a spot to warm her bottle. When her bottle was 'done' her lamp lit up.

That's Baby Snuggle Bun next to Snuggle Bun.

  Looking at this ad, I vaguely remember it from when I was tiny.
  This ad is from 1968, so maybe she was around for a while. She is on sale in this ad, so maybe she was finally being clearanced out.


This seems to be another case where the store is selling a random bunch of clothes or accessories with a name brand doll as part of a bundle. Also notice that her name is spelled as one word, instead of two.


  Snugglebun gets her name from the supposed 'snuggle' motion she does. I say 'supposed' because her entire snuggle routine consists of turning her head when her stomach is squeezed.



 Not much of a snuggle really, but there you go. She also supposedly says,"Mommy" when she turns her head back,but my girl doesn't work.


This isn't her original dress. I think it's silk. It fits her well, but she came in the red pajama outfit in the catalog picture above.
 
She's 16" tall.


She has bright blue sleep eyes.





And a red ribbon in her platinum blonde top knot.



I wondered what she did and how she was activated because she has no battery compartment. The large button on her stomach covers an internal switch that makes her head turn.


 


That's it for today. See you tomorrow for another doll.

4 comments:

  1. I had this doll as a kid..I have searched and searched for her trying to figure out who she was..I was delighted to see your post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the same lol...I had pics of her with her bottle warmer and just this yr found out what her name was...

      Delete
  2. What was it with this time period and making two baby dolls? Snuggle Bun looks just as babyish as Baby Snuggle Bun. lol They seem to have made two baby dolls of lots of their products but only call one a baby. The other looks like an older baby, but still is a baby too. This doll is particularly cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it looks like they used the same head and just shrunk the body.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.