Saturday, May 19, 2018

Perfect 1/6 Scale Find: Barbecue Grill

  I wanted to share this with everybody while you can still take advantage of the information. While we were at Target a couple of days ago,Ivy spotted this in the seasonal items up front.


I have no idea what it's meant to be used for. I suppose it's just for summer decorating. But it's the perfect size for 1/6 scale.

hol
It had a round piece of tape holding the lid shut.

It even opens. Unfortunately the wheels don't roll. The coloring isn't very realistic,but I repainted mine black.


I happened to have some black spray paint. If I had had red I would have painted the top red. I still might. Ken suggests that the legs need to be silver,but I wouldn't be satisfied unless they actually look like chrome,so I will probably stay with black. I also still need to paint the inside and make the grill part.

Mr. World is modelling the grill for size. Ivy says it's slightly too short.
Mr. World is anxious to use his new grill...for strictly vegetarian meals only of course.
  Tomorrow is Ivy's high school graduation. The years pass so quickly. A couple more months and she will be going off to college. I'm not looking forward to her leaving at all.
  In other news,I had my thyroid biopsy on Wednesday.

The two big red spots are from the band aid! That thing really hurt coming off!
For those who said needles in your throat are no big deal...yeah right. The doctor gave me a shot to numb my neck,and then poked me 5 times to draw samples from the largest nodule. I had to refrain from swallowing and not move for about 30 seconds when the needle was in. That doesn't sound like a long time until you think that you have a needle in your neck the whole time. It was pretty painful. My neck still hurts. In fact, it felt much better the next morning, but I mowed the yard that night, and after that it has been pretty sore again. I must have used my neck muscles too much. The good news is, the doctor's office called yesterday morning and said the results were in and it was benign. As for what is to be done now, I won't know until I see the doctor next month.

15 comments:

  1. Good to hear the growth in your thyroid is benign, hope it will solve in a not too uncomfortable way.
    Your new prop is very nice, I agree about the chrome legs though. I've got a chromepen for such things, the result is beautiful ( I've used it to pimp bedraggled taps on old plastic dollhouse washstands. Better then new really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How shiny is that pen? We have silver Sharpie pens, and silver paint, but it's not very shiny and chrome like.

      Delete
  2. Great find. Do not worry too much about the size. In Norway those grills come in several sizes, even knee high.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. Here too. I don't think Mr. World is going to complain anyway. :)

      Delete
  3. That BBQ is great, and looks even better now that you've painted it black.
    Sorry to hear that you've had pain since you're biopsy was taken but thank goodness it's come back clear. I know what you mean about it only being 30 seconds, it's not long, but when you're in that situation it seems like forever. And if you're anything like me, when I'm told that I mustn't move, it's like by body becomes really rebellious and I immediately find that my legs want to twitch, my nose starts to itch like crazy and I have a terrible desire to move!!!
    Have a good week!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My oldest and I were saying the same thing: As soon as they tell you not to swallow, that's all you want to do!

      Delete
  4. It's very real and shiny, I think it was created to fix small damage to those shiny plastic with chrome color carbumpers yaknow, men's toys...
    Girlfriend of me found it in her hunt for a real shiny silver/chrome look on dollhouse thingies ( like taps and candles)
    I borrowed it when I wanted to upgrade an old dollhouse-tap from the sixties. So happy that i now have my own marker. It's very good for those little plastic 'jewelry' that goes with barbiedolls too, I've a gold one too now fr that use. Not used yet but the same quality.
    website is dutch but this is the brand I have
    https://www.buschvanderworp.nl/airbrush-graffiti/molotow-markers-inkt/one4all-2-mm-127hs/liquid-chrome-molotow-2-mm-marker?gclid=Cj0KCQjw3InYBRCLARIsAG6bfMS7RgyhevkmYKSGwt6mKSxYB-aGpnDqLUEQKp0tuuqnPLFhf3etvHQaAlKsEALw_wcB

    enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll have to look into that. Holland isn't that far from England, so if I had it shipped to my sister-in-laws and Emma or Ken brought it home from their trip, that wouldn't be bad.Shipping even a pen from there to here would be outrageous,o that might be better.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the heads-up! I have to pick up one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you're calling me out here. :) I'm glad your biopsy is over with and that it's not cancerous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know you're dying to go to Target now, aren't you?!

      Delete
    2. Actually, I thought you were probably referring to me as one of those people "who said needles in your throat are no big deal." :) But I do have to go to Target. :)

      Delete
    3. Oh! I didn't even think of that! Everybody who said something about it said that,but the way I freak out about needles, there was no way I was going to feel that way about it anyway!Tell you this though,it hurt! And I had three kids with no drugs. I take pain well, but that really hurt.

      Delete
    4. I had drugs with both of my deliveries, but my second one was a c-section, so that doesn't exactly count. :)

      I got the second-to-last grill at my Target, and the last one that was in one piece.

      Delete
    5. I saw some of the grills had lids that didn't close all the way too.
      My second one was a C-section,but I went through my whole labour until time to push and he still wasn't even in the birth canal. They said I could push, knowing there was nothing there to push. It's a long story,but the doctor was kind of ticked that I proved him wrong the first time, when he said I would probably have to have a C-section because I'm so small,and I didn't. I was induced the second time because they were afraid Fuzzy would be too big for deliver naturally if he went full term. They seemed set to perform a C-section to begin with,because they were all ready to roll me across the hall and do it when they decided Fuzz's heart tones were dropping. (I was wearing a belt monitor that wouldn't stay in place.)

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.